THREE TREES

THREE TREES
The horse's pasture to the East...

Sunday, February 6, 2011

MIRROR...MIRROR


I hope I've done this right. This is the first time I've tried to load a video to my BLOG. It's one of the best examples of "mirroring" that I've seen. If you watch, you'll see the woman matching her energy to the lion seal's perfectly. She's quiet, polite, inviting, kind and never moves from the place that she's in. Her behavior is perfect in this situation. She suppresses her need to hold onto the seal, even putting off the opportunity to pet it. The quieter she is, the more intrigued the seal is!

By over riding her predator tendencies, she "becomes" seal, leaving the field open for exploration from the lion seal. She gains it's confidence with her quiet. Fascinating! If I were an instructor, trying to explain to my students about how to become "horse", I would show this video to them. It's exactly what I try to do when I'm with my herd...to just BE with them, no itinerary, no goal...just BE. I think that's why this worked for her and the seal...she just sat there and WAS.

How interesting!

Short post tonight...and way off the subject...and smack dab on target at the same time. Kind of Zen, don't you think?

Enjoy...and learn. I know I did when I watched it.

Nancy, smiling at the way things go...

2 comments:

Parelli Central said...

Had to do quite some catch up since my last post... :-) Love the paintings and all the pictures. Very cool! How much snow did you get? We just got a couple inches but now it's soooo cold again. I just don't care for this weather... ready for spring, I am!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Nancy, smiling! said...

Howdy Petra! Cold, cold, WAY cold here too. It went down to -15 last night. It was zero when I went out this morning for chores. The snow sounded like I was walking on Styrofoam!
We got an additional five to six inches here. Hard to tell with the wind making drifts. It's been white for nearly seven weeks now. But the days are getting longer and the light is more intense. I see that as a good sign!
Oh...and THANK YOU! for the compliments on the paintings. It was kind of scary putting them up. Haven't done that for a while. I've been experimenting, so my work is going in a new direction. I never know what's going to happen when I do that. Good for keeping me "outside the comfort zone" !
Nancy, smiling in anticipation of Spring too!